email from vicki

dear zoe,

(long time no see)

This is a good idea-a great idea. it is very important to mobilize people to vote democratic. and unfortunately some so called independent free thinkers are still believe it or not talking about third party (Ralph Nader!!) voting.

of course I would like to contribute BUT frankly the daily upkeep of my body undermines my ability to do even my own daily requirements. Artmaking is a luxury I can't afford. Getting dressed takes forever.

Whether it is the lack of federally driven stem cell research or the inadequacy of medicare for those of us fully disabled, the current health care system doesn't begin to address our daily needs.

I had a conversation recently: the need for teaching children the skills for growing up successfully is pretty well known. But nobody ever teaches us the skills of how to grow old; and it is so difficult to lose the use of your body. And, also the chronically ill need the same help.
xxx,
Vicki










No comments: